Sunday, June 20, 2010

Do you agree?

I have apperently cause a discussion with a few freinds beginging from an episode of Law and Order I had seen last night.



One of my friends said to me:



" I saw a while ago where this comedian was explaining how he came home and his dad told him a friend came to see him. So he asked for a description of the friend. The dad replied that the friend was tall, had dark hair, that sort of thing. So the kid asks, if the friend was black. And the dad's response is, "I couldn't really say. He could have been black. But maybe he wasn't. I just didn't notice." Now there is no way you're not going to notice something like that. But some people have been so conditioned that they refuse to notice it. "



My response was that I totally disagreed. I feel that it is extremly normal for one person to not notice if the kids friend was black or white. He then blames it on " some people have been so conditioned that they refuse to notice it. "



Do you agree?

Of course everyone's equal. But i think i would notice their skin colour just because it is a big feature of how they look. I tend to notice people's hair too

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan