Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mixed Baby?

Alright, I'm a black woman with REALLY bad hair. I've got to put relaxers in it every 6 weeks! Just to keep it looking decent. I refuse to pass this nappy-a** hair onto my children. I've decided that that my kids are gonna have good hair, no matter what! I Don't get me wrong. I love my culture. But I just don't want my kids to have this bad hair. So most likely my kids are gonna end up mixed. Does anyone see anything wrong. Please give your honest opinion.



Mixed Baby?

Regardless of the mate you choose, your contribution to their genetics will be the same. If the gene for "nappy hair" is dominant (I have no idea whether or not it is) and you are homozygous for that gene, your children will have nappy hair regardless of who fathers them. However, their children, your grandchildren "might" be beneficiaries of your children having a father without "nappy hair", if the culture in which they are raised considers "nappy hair" to be an unfavorable trait. There is nothing wrong, in fact it is commendable, to choose a mate who has characteristics that you deem favorable to their welfare on the basis that he might pass the genes for those traits to your children



Mixed Baby?

That's a hell of a way to pick a father for your children.



Mixed Baby?

I think there's nothing wrong with being mixed my 9 yr old sister is mixed and still has bad hair, its inevitable that they will more than likely get it to.



Mixed Baby?

Well I don't think anyone has any room to judge you for wanting your kids to not have to suffer the same problems you have. Actually, I think that in itself is pretty natural.



Mixed Baby?

Do what you want to do, but is it really "only" about your hair? Have you heard India Arie's new song?



Mixed Baby?

Well, if you happen to fall in love with a man that is of another race, then of course not. There's nothing wrong with inter-racial relationships, or multi-racial children. My ex-bf has 2 mixed children (black%26amp;white). They're the most beautiful little girls, but their hair is still out of control. Hard to comb through, hard to style, hard to keep neat. So, having mixed kids may not help your hair genetics. But it's worth a try I guess. Good Luck in the future, and I hope your kids end up with good hair, no matter what color they turn out to be. :)



Mixed Baby?

Okay, you want to have children with a man that is Caucasian or anyone else, other than African American so that your kids will have good hair? And don't get me wrong, I don't care what color you are, or what color you choose as a mate, but that is the most superficial reason I have ever heard. Yeah I think it is wrong



Mixed Baby?

hey hey i am not my hair girl is that what you on about your hair be proud of what you are and don't worry about your hair!!Its all natural



Mixed Baby?

i see someones begging to get xtra 10 points ...umm... chrsytallec just kidding with ya.. good advice go for it and good luck.



Mixed Baby?

just because you pick a mate who you think genetically may give your children hair different that yours, doesn't mean that just because they will be mixed that they will automatically have good hair, its a 50/50 chance, there alot of mixed children that still genetically have African American hair and some don't so either way there is still a chance that your children may not have the hair you desire....



Mixed Baby?

Wouldn't it be funny if you fell in love with the only curly-haired Asian guy out of 1.3 billion straight-as-an-arrow haired Asian men?



Mixed Baby?

Okay....what if your kids want your "really bad hair"? I don't think you should have children. Maybe you should just adopt...And that sort of doesn't seem right becuase you sound sort of selfish...



Mixed Baby?

I am mixed . I am black Italian but look Spanish my hair is softer and curler then the average black girl . I don't use relaxer. I love mixed babies. Don't get into an interracial relationship and have kids because you want to change the texture of your kids hair.



Mixed Baby?

Mixing is good but not for the hair.You will get blond ,red or brown but with curls.Straight hair is always genetically weaker than curls.But to make you happy i will inform you that i do as you do:every 6 weeks i perm my hair to make it curly.



Mixed Baby?

yeah I see a WHOLE lot wrong with this picture...for one thing, you are thinking only about you and what you want. secondly, just because u choose a a different race doesn't mean your children will have nice smooth hair...your child's hair can get someone Else's genetics from grandparents waaaaay down the line...so who ever mate you choose really doesn't matter as far as that goes...third, do you really want to teach your children that looks is more important? that would not be setting a good example for your children....I can see it now when you explain how mommy met daddy "oh sweetie, I was so worried about the texture of your hair I took years and years looking for the man with the PERFECT hair texture....." is that what loves all about? is that what this world has come too? whatever happened to falling in love with a person for WHO they ARE and not what they LOOK like?!?! some people are just so obsessed about looks and upkeep they forget whats on the inside, they forget that he or she is a human being and has thoughts and feelings as well...life is so MUCH more then looks and textures....that's my personal HONEST opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan